Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sorry for the absence...

Things have just got that little bit weirder.

First thing, Chess is staying with me at the moment. He saw It on Monday. More accurately, it was outside his house. I don't blame him for wanting to sell and find somewhere else to live, if he isn't going to run.

If Max makes one more insinuation about why exactly he's staying over, colleague or not I will not be very pleased. This is just temporary. He should probably get moving.

Second, I had a total freak out yesterday because my dad turned up at my apartment building while I was at work and Chess let him in then left to go do something so I go in and there's this bald guy in a suit standing in my living room with his back to me. Thanks, Dad. Really thanks.

To clarify, my Dad lives in Singapore. I only see him a few times a year. So I didn't know that he'd lost what remained of his hair and he hadn't told me he was coming. Thankfully he turned around otherwise I might have done something... stupid.

Third, Dad brought a folder of my drawings that he'd found in his house. When I was young I fancied myself quite the artist for a while, even though I wasn't actually that good. You can kind of guess where I was going with this, can't you?

I was never very good at drawing faces, so I used to leave faces blank. I now have sheet after sheet of drawings of faceless people. Which makes me wonder if this is a really contrived coincidence or if this goes back further than I think.

On a totally unrelated note, I am totally unrecognisable with brown hair. Okay, so I'm a redhead, but being unrecognisable as a brunette is actually kinda funny. Huzzah for semipermanent hairdye. It's nearly washed out now. Now I know what to do if I ever need to go incognito.

Thanks muchly to Omega of Encyclopedia Slenderia for linking to my map. The only pin on is so far is Kaylee's. I'll be adding Chess's to it shortly although I guess that will give away where I live. Greetings from New Zealand (in case you don't know, it's those two islands shaped like a canoe and a fucked up stingray nearish to Australia). I think I'm the first Slenderblogger from around here, although I wouldn't be surprised if there were more.

No comments:

Post a Comment